We are sourcing for an Aviation Meteorologist for our client to be based in Saudi Arabia. Please review the details and apply if interested
Producing and disseminating Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs) and worldwide aviation weather briefings to customers and designated operational staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the Middle East.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze weather products / data, such as; Computer Model Data, Textual Weather Data, SIGMETs, AIRMETs, Satellite Images, Radar Imagery, etc., in order to produce operational weather briefings and forecasts.
• Effectively communicate technical weather information via written or verbal format.
• Prepare and deliver daily TAFs for designated airfields.
• Prepare and deliver written weather synopses for Dispatch and Crew use.
• Produce and deliver destination, alternate, and en route airport TAFs, when no official TAF is produced or available.
Position Requirements & Attributes
• Bachelor Degree in Meteorology and/or military weather forecasting veterans with 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in the aviation discipline
• Strong work ethic
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail orientated, good decision-making skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to handle and resolve problems
• Ability to establish priorities, work and proceed with objectives independently and in a team environment
• Geo-Political awareness
• Familiarization with FAA operational weather requirements for FAR part 91 and FAR part 125 flights.
• Skills to use a computer and associated software packages
• Flexibility to handle shift work and / or on call assignments.