Implement a variety of human resource-related programs to ensure that the organization’s current and future human resource requirements are met. These programs may include: recruitment; compensation/remuneration; benefits; performance evaluation & development; organizational development; payroll; employee communications; employment/industrial/labor relations.
1. Establish an annual Action Plan for the country/station and associated HR budget in line with country/station HR strategy and direction.
2. Monitor the achievement of the Action Plan against HR milestones and KPI’s (e.g. Employee Satisfaction, Productivity, Employee retention).
3. Take part in business reviews to provide status against defined HR targets to date and to identify proactively current and future people related issues as well as solutions/new opportunities.
1. Ensure HR operational processes and systems are meeting required standards in terms of internal business partner’s satisfaction and legal requirements.
2. Evaluate the organization’s future workforce needs in order to recommend changes to the organization’s human resource strategy and adapt existing current human resource programs to meet these needs.
3. Direct and control recruitment and selection programs to deliver effective and timely results.
4. Implement effective market driven compensation and benefit programs to ensure the country/station attracts and retains the right talent whilst maintaining fairness and consistency in terms of reward and recognition.
5. Direct and co-ordinate works council/union relations for the country/station and direct employee communications.
Development of organisational capability
1. Lead succession and talent management within the business to identify its capability strengths and gaps and plan effectively to ensure appropriate staffing that will meet current and future needs.
2. Lead strategic organization wide projects focused on the development of high potentials and young leaders.
3. Implement management development initiatives and career development activities for the country/station within the corporate framework.
4. Drive performance management processes within own country/station and motivate/ inspire management to set high standards of performance and hold employees firmly accountable for meeting those standards.
5. Provide coaching and support to management in own country/station to assist them to work with their employees to achieve their performance standards.
6. Contribute to driving world class employee satisfaction within own country/station through the implementation of relevant organisational initiatives that build on employee commitment.
1. Monitor industrial relations and employee relations developments to prevent disputes.
2. Provide recommendations to senior management and direct negotiations with unions, industry groups and industrial authorities to determine agreements and minimize the possibility of industrial disputes or to facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
1. Facilitate and support change programs/ initiatives to achieve a client driven business to ensure maximum effectiveness, minimise the loss of key employees and maintain effective employee relations.
2. Provide sound HR advice and guidance to management on the implementation of change within their own departments.
3. Provide thorough leadership on HR matters as a member of the Country/station Management team.
4. Foster an environment of co-operation between functions within country/station, managing change as needed.
Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of human resource professionals to ensure that the organization’s human resource strategy is implemented effectively and within established budgets and that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards.
Qualifications and Competencies
1. University Degree in Human Resources Management (HRM) or related subject
Minimum: Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) or equivalent professional qualification in HRM
2. Minimum of 7-10 years HR experience, 5 of which should be in a managerial position
3. Excellent knowledge of local language and English. Knowledge of additional languages will be considered an advantage
4. Strong knowledge of local labor laws
5. Financially competent, able to assimilate and interpret financial data
6. Ability to implement Strategic plan and motivate team to deliver high quality standards
7. Strong knowledge of business management principles and practices
8. High energy, personal presence and maturity as components of leadership ability in order to facilitate the best decision making and values
9. Excellent decision making skills based on facts and analyses
10. Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences
11. Highly developed presentation skills
12. Personal and professional integrity of the highest order