Technical Writer- Aviation
On behalf of our long term client in the Middle East we are looking for a Technical Writer- Aviation starting Apr 2023.
I. Basic Function:
Creates, revises, reviews, updates and maintain the Aviation or Department technical documents, training, maintenance programs and manuals for all fleet.
Responsible, under the direction of the Aviation Manager, Division Heads, or other Aviation Management such as Pilots or Engineers, for the detailed day-to-day reviewing, creating, and updating of the Aviation Department´s manuals, reports, briefs, proposals, general instructions, catalogs, technical presentations, procedures, and documentation. The Technical Writers shall also write, rewrite, revise and maintain Aviation or Department technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods, procedures, installation, operation and maintenance of aircraft, machinery, and other equipment. Ensures that all Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer´s recommended requirements are observed. Analyze, prepare, develops, and implement company procedures and policies to provide efficiency and high standards of flight safety.
III. Principal Duties:
1. Reviews, edit, write, and prepare company documents, policies, procedures, and manuals as requested by the aviation unit supervisor, or concerned department.
2. Reviews all revisions of the Aviation Department´s manuals and documents for accuracy.
3. Collaborate with leadership, team members, and other departments to develop/implement special projects.
4. Participate on all documentation audits and ensure strict compliance of all regulatory and company requirements.
5. Prepares technical presentations.
6. Develops technical documentation for training purposes.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
IV. Minimum Requirements:
Degree in an aviation related area preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience authoring technical documents.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Special Field of Experience: Technical publications experience, to include using industry standards to develop/revise technical documents in word or others processing applications.
Licenses & Certifications
Pilot´s license, A&P license, or military aviation experience with Technical Orders a plus.
Preferred training, other required technical skills, special training, and competencies if applicable:
• Thorough knowledge of Aviation Regulations FAR, ICAO, etc.
• High level of computer technology/software and typing skills.
If interested please apply via the form below.